2017 was SUCH a game changer in my life…there were so many milestones reached, growth opportunities fulfilled and SO many adventures executed – Here are my top 10 moments of the year! I would definitely say 2017 has been my best year yet however I have no expectations for the future.
I want to say that 2018 will be better but I’m just going to live each day to the fullest and face whatever is in front of me. This past January, I got a little angsty….I wanted each weekend activity packed and I was constantly searching/planning for our next international getaway. I’m learning that you can be happy anywhere doing anything – Happiness isn’t a destination, it’s a state of being 🙂
10. Turning 30 in Las Vegas with my crew – In October, I said goodbye to my twenties! I could write a whole novel summarizing my tumultuous decade but I’m grateful to have experienced some of my highest highs and lowest lows. This decade was such an energetic rollercoaster, full of late night partying (early 20s..haha), and many lessons learned. If I had to anything differently was I would tell myself to have more confidence 🙂
9. Visiting National Parks – Pinnacles, Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree, Channel Island – When I travel to a new country, I tend to gravitate towards nature/culture so I wanted to mimic my preferences when exploring the USA. Even though the USA political/social landscape is an absolute joke, nobody can deny the natural beauty of America so we wanted to take advantage through hiking. Our experiences during our park visits have been unique and special – when we went to Pinnacles it was a 8 mile hike in 100 degree weather and Channel Island we got the chance to see whales during a boat ride! So much diversity in the US of A.
8. Getting a promotion at work – I am super proud to say that I was promoted again after 2 years and 9 months. This job move was super challenging for me because I didn’t know where I wanted to be. Each job transition since I’ve graduated college has been smooth and apparent but I was definitely at a crossroads this time. After much consultation with my friends, my hubby, and talking with different people across my organization, I decided to take a position as a Quality Receiving Inspection Supervisor. I currently manage over 20 people! Nelli also got promoted and is working at a different site, I like to think that we motivate each other to be the best in our industry. #powercouple
7. Enrolling at Crossfit and eating clean – I have been going to yoga pretty frequently but hiking national parks made me realize that I needed cardio/strength training in my life. I also wanted to eat healthier because my total cholesterol was over 200 so I started meal prepping, eating leafy greens, all organic food (no processed), and no bad carbs i.e. white rice. The first couple months were hard but finishing each workout was such an accomplishment – I’m happy to say I’m the fittest I’ve ever been.
6. Exploring the west coast with my hubby – Portland, Santa Barbara, LA, Palm Springs – It has been about 6 months since the whirlwind of planning a wedding and honeymoon. We are fortunate to have paid for our wedding ourselves and to not have gone into debt but our savings is not where I would like it to be….I am a hawk when it comes to monitoring our money! We made the decision to keep our travel light for the rest of 2017 to prepare for the next year and it’s really given us the opportunity to see America once again in a different light. This year we are planning to go to Seattle, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Chicago.
5. Spending 2 weeks with my family in NorCal – During the wedding, my whole family was able to spend time with me and Nelli in Northern California. For my sister and brother, it was their first time in the area so I wanted to make it special. I don’t think there was a town we didn’t touch: Napa, Oakland, Palo Alto, Mountain View, San Jose, San Francisco, Monterrey, Santa Cruz, Carmel/Big Sur, and Half Moon Bay…whew! It got a little stressful for me trying to ensure they had fun, balancing work, and putting the finishing touches on the wedding but everybody had a great time.
4. Going to Trinidad for Carnival – You can read more about our adventure to Trinidad here….simply a trip that is once in a lifetime and we will never forget it. We are blessed and fortunate to have a supportive, diverse group of friends that let us tag along in their home country ❤
3. Going to San Diego for my bachelorette – I’m glad that I have such a supportive GIRL FRANDS. I don’t want to be a married person that only hangs out with her husband (nothing wrong with it tho). We partied in the Gaslamp District, brunched it up, ate too many tacos, and even had a smores night on the beach. My friend Hannah planned an amazing weekend – she did so well that she’s planning another bachelorette for another one of her friends!
2. Going to Bali for our Honeymoon – You can read more about our trip to Bali here….we spared no expense for our honeymoon and it was worth every penny! 2 weeks, 3 hotels, 3 spas, 2 islands later…we didn’t leave any Bali adventure out. It’s going to be tough to beat this trip 🙂
1. Getting Married – Hands down the best decision I ever made was to ask Nelli out…putting myself out there changed the course of my life forever. Read more about it here, here and here HAHA…cheers to 2017!